Band members support the Rebels. Together, we can support them!
The Pride of the South Band is composed of deeply committed students who thrive while playing music and providing entertainment. Our mission is to create a band experience like no other – for current band members, for prospective band members, for music lovers and, most importantly, for the Ole Miss Family!
Today, you can invest in scholarships, instruments, current musical scores and renovation of the band practice field to enhance band members’ experiences and the meaningful role they play in bringing great beauty and enthusiasm to the life of Ole Miss.
As you consider a gift to support the Pride of the South, reflect on the vibrant music and more:
- The Pride of the South Marching Band has been giving outstanding performances in concerts and at athletic events since it organized in 1928. In addition to performing at all home and some away football games, the Pride of the South has performed at bowl games and in parades.
- Several “pep bands” are formed out of the marching band and perform for various events. The Ole Miss Basketball Band supports both the men’s and women’s teams at home games and tournaments.
- Band members give so much of themselves. Most of them provide their own instruments, spend years honing their skills and devote hours and hours to practice. Some of the practices and performances take place despite far-from-perfect weather conditions.
- The band program serves as a teaching lab for aspiring band directors, and many different academic majors also participate as band members. In the spring when the marching band is not together, students play in three performing concert bands and one lab band for future teachers.
- An extensive band practice field renovation is urgently needed to provide an optimal practice field, which includes expanding the field from 80 yards to the regulation 120 yards. In addition, funds are needed to add synthetic turf, install a director’s tower, build access ramps, pour sidewalks, and install lighting.
On Giving Day, we prove that the University of Mississippi family is better together. Let’s all work as one to support the Pride of the South Marching Band. Together, WE are Ole Miss.
Please celebrate Giving Day by making a gift! Thank you!