Together, we can support thousands of students pursuing advanced degrees
The Graduate School of the University of Mississippi serves as the academic home for 2,339 graduate students across seven schools and the College of Liberal Arts. It is a university within a university. Working together, your support can encourage our students and faculty to achieve and innovate.
Our guiding acronym, GradSHARKS, summarizes our priorities and values.
We seek to:
Shape leaders through inclusive excellence
Hone research, creative and professional practice abilities
Advance professional skills and career goals
Recruit and retain highly qualified and motivated students
Kindle passion for lifelong learning and be a
Sustaining place for growth and connection
Our goal is to create a welcoming space where our students can pursue the education they need to further accelerate their careers, recognizing that we can only be excellent if we are also inclusive. We facilitate the ability of our graduate students to make original and independent contributions, readying them to be leaders in their chosen fields.
Together, we can provide the financial support needed to help more of our graduate students complete their degrees and engage in innovative research and scholarship, further strengthening the academic reputation of our excellent programs.
Among our achievements:
- Over 130 graduate degrees including master’s, specialist and doctoral degrees
- More than 25 new graduate degree programs, emphases and certificates launched in the last five years
- Over one-third of our students identifying as a member of a racial/ethnic minority and/or as an international student
- An inclusive approach to graduate education and awarding of scholarships and fellowships to individuals who advance diversity in their chosen professions
- Fund 10 annual Graduate Student Council research grants of $1,000 to graduate students. With these grants, our graduate students are exploring skin cancer treatment innovations, educating for equity, examining effects of invasive grass in Mississippi, addressing sustainability and more. Our 2020 winners can be found at https://egrove.olemiss.edu/gsc_researchgrants/.
Our students often make financial sacrifices to complete their graduate studies. Funds for research projects and other scholarships can help them make their own powerful contributions to the world!
On Giving Day, we prove that the University of Mississippi family is better together. Let’s all work as one to support the Graduate School. Together, WE are Ole Miss.
Please celebrate Giving Day by making a gift! Thank you!