Invest in our Women's Council Scholars
Together, members of the Ole Miss Women’s Council for Philanthropy (OMWC) created a scholarship program – now among the largest on campus – that has a far greater impact on students’ lives than just providing students financial assistance.
Giving their scholarship recipients access to mentors, leadership training, life skills, travel and cultural opportunities that prepare them for successful careers, the OMWC also encourages them to have a lifelong commitment to create a caring, and more ethical world.
Today, you can invest in this special scholarship and mentoring program. Consider:
- Ole Miss Women’s Council Scholars meet with career and life mentors, receiving the support they need to be successful in their academic studies, career trajectory and personal lives. A total of 157 students have been selected for the Women’s Council program over the years, and 36 students now are enrolled in this enriching program.
- The new Global Leadership Circle is composed of donors who are providing resources for OMWC Scholars to study abroad or pursue internships on the national and international level.
- OMWC Scholars participate in a series of leadership symposiums using the philosophy of servant leadership as the core curriculum. Recipients are expected to demonstrate their leadership training in campus-wide organizations and as OMWC speakers at special events.
- Scholars gather monthly for a Red Plate Supper, where guest speakers provide advice and guidance on life and careers at a comfortable, informal setting.
- This innovative program, which awards scholarships to both males and females, is producing a strong circle of leadership, mentorship and philanthropy.
On Giving Day, we prove that the University of Mississippi family is better together. Let’s all work as one to support the Ole Miss Women’s Council. Together, WE are Ole Miss.
Please celebrate Giving Day by making a gift! Thank you!
HELP US THRIVE. JOIN THE ROSE SOCIETY.
Support the Women’s Council by joining the Rose Society. You can join with an annual gift of at least $1,000, which is payable outright or monthly. Not able to commit at the Rose Society level, but still want to participate? Ask about giving at the Rose Bud level with an annual membership contribution of $500 (open only to donors under 30 years old).
Your membership may be made in your name or to honor a special person in your life. Rose Society members are invited to Women’s Council programs, including a signature annual event held specifically to thank donors.