Study shows investing in Ole Miss yields a 440 percent return
It’s the result everyone wants: You plant seeds, add nutrients and sunshine, and see the fruits of your labor. And, as Ole Miss “gardeners,” we know we are better doing this important work together.
Today, you can help the University of Mississippi continue a momentous season of growth by making an unrestricted gift. When the University has flexible dollars available, we can unlock opportunities and address pressing needs.
Unrestricted means that Ole Miss leaders direct your gift to areas where they know the need is the greatest: scholarships, faculty support, technology upgrades, classroom and lab upgrades, research and innovation.
What can you expect from your investment? A 2019 study reveals Ole Miss benefits students, taxpayers and society:
- Our annual economic impact totals $2.9 billion and enables 43,121 jobs across the state.
- In a recent fiscal year, Mississippi taxpayers provided $121.5 million in funding for the University, and taxpayers receive around $442.9 million in added tax revenue.
- For every dollar of public money invested in educating students, taxpayers receive $4.40 in return. College graduates enjoy a lifetime of higher earnings and state taxpayers benefit through increased tax revenue.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Ole Miss graduates lead the state in finding jobs. Data from the U.S. Department of Education indicates that after 10 years, 91% of Ole Miss graduates are still employed. That’s the best percentage of all Mississippi schools, and it tops a number of institutions nationwide.
- Our R-1 Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education has placed us in the top 2.7% of U.S. research institutions.
Giving Day is the perfect time to plant a seed and watch it grow! Help the University of Mississippi, as we dream bigger, work harder and give more. This is an all-hands-on-deck effort. Let’s prove that the University of Mississippi family is better together.
Please celebrate Giving Day by making a gift! Thank you!